19.6.10

First Day on LAND!

This is a short note to let you know that we made it to O'ahu yesterday morning.  I think we called everyone, but just in case...

I don't see my last two posts (we were having HF range issues) so I will repost them via email once back on the boat.  Yesterday we had no connectivity after pulling pierside about 0830.  The girls, Poseidon and some friends spent the day at the lagoon yesterday while the boys picked up a rental car...ours isn't here yet...and made the required West Marine run.

Attempting to be a big kid, Poseidon dove (literally) into the water.  Now, I have taken him to the pool, and he can kick on his own; he can paddle a little.  He was not coordinated enough before to do both at once.  In order to reach the other kids, he managed to have all four appendages going.  He had some motion in the forward direction.  The problem was, he did not want his head under water, and it would dunk every so often.  That caused him to overreact, flip on his back and look at me to save him.  It was so cute.  Granted, the water was maybe 1 foot deep, but that was plenty for Poseidon now.

He has some scrapes on his big toes from crawling everywhere he could.  He is getting so close to walking...

Well, off to a nail place for the girls...then I am being drug off to medical to make sure that my foot is being treated correctly and that there is nothing I missed.  So, please no more worrying! :D

Aloha and Mahalo for following this!

1 comment:

  1. I've enjoyed reading your and Posiedon's adventures at sea. I'm glad to see everyone arrived safely and (mostly) in tact. Good luck in Hawaii and be sure to keep posting your adventures.

    ReplyDelete