6.6.10

Day 6 - An anniversary present

With the first anniversary being paper, those of you we know in person can look forward to some gorgeous new stationary. Yes, we both got stationary from each other. My husband went through a great shop Rock Paper Scissors (Facebook: Think Rock Paper Scissors in Charlottesville, VA). I went through a chain and now need a reprint, will be using the aforementioned store for that! We were both quite happy though overall. A bottle of Veuve topped off a dinner on the Sea-B-Que of fillet mignon with corn on the cob and baked potatoes...which reminds me, I have not talked about our galley at all! My apologies for the remission.

I know I spoke earlier of the meal planning software I am making. (Still in alpha testing here!) Once I hit Hawaii, I will try to link it here for a Beta. It has been great, with the only problem being that I have to remember to turn on the outlets when the generator is on. It has been on a little each day for movie time, water making, hot shower water, etc. Yes, we are spoiled. However, we have earned it with all of the maintenance you have seen in past posts. On to the meals themselves breakfast, lunch and two snacks a day repeat each week. So, we just had the same breakfast as last Saturday (egg muffins with bacon, oj and coffee/tea). Monday is Mexican and we had chicken, bean and cheese burritos. Tuesday is pizza day, but we still had two queasy stomaches so was PB&J on english muffins instead. Wednesday is Asian inspired, and began with mandarin orange and sesame seed chicken over rice with broccoli. Thursday is les ouvres de la bateau (or my way of saying chef's choice) - brown sugar seared/carmelized thick pork chops! So, we are not hurting gastronomically as well.

Poseidon now gets a full version of our meal in miniature made for him...either that or he eats ours, so I packed enough stores for six. :) He laid into the fillet last night like a velociraptor. The kid is a carnivore with a penchant for carrots and pistachios. A mini version of my husband to be sure. This was his last day in the red wooly suit as he has outgrown it. Luckily he fits into the two piece snow suit we acquired last fall. He has learned to get up on the lazarettes on his own,requiring constant supervision to keep him from climbing out of the cockpit and trying to go for a swim. He has a favorite winch that he is constantly trying to spin or gnaw on...depending on whether it is being used for the jib sheet or not. Winch handles are fascinating to him, and I am waiting for him to float check one. He has now napped on me twice outside and it feels so nice. Not too much longer before he is too big for that. I am enjoying it while it lasts though! He is already joining in island culture, sporting a friendship bracelet made by his cousin. We are dangerous out here right now. We have embroidery floss and we know how to use it. No one is safe...

And now, about the subject of this post. I spent most of the day, due to light wind, sitting/kneeling/standing amid ships taping and stitching the main sail. Still some work to go, but the forward two reef points are where they just need restitched in with canvas thread. The sail tears are mended. The rip adjacent to the third reef point is mended and the tear below the point is taped and ready to stitch the next time the wind dies down. That just leaves the canvas thread part of that one. The fourth and last one only needs a small mend then stitch and should go faster. Being as I completed most of the work on our anniversary (and would have finished other than my hubby wanting to shut down the engine...though I did agree), it is now his 1st Anniversary gift (even more than the stationary). Even when we get a new sail it will always be on board. Full, lifetime repair guarantee. Non-transferable. Personally, I think it is the best gift I have ever given.

Until tomorrow! Just ticked off 800 miles on the trip log...

Posit: 25 45.416N 129 16.540W

1 comment:

  1. Glad you liked your stationery and I'm glad it made it all the way to the center of the pacific!! Happy Anniversary to you both! Safe trip the rest of the way!!

    oh yeah...Axis says hello...

    ReplyDelete