3.6.10

Day 3 - Engine Free

Now that we are all comfortable with how she handles, we are engine free! (Which is good because we had already had to bleed it a few times...silly fuel pump switch.) Poseidon reminds me of a cross between Iron Man and Superman. He runs around in a full red fuzzy outfit and nothing bothers him. His balance is amazing. I can't wait until we get to Hawaii and set him on ground. His poor sea legs are going to take a while to adjust. Swells and all and he is still cruising around the boat.

We're running now with jib (full in the day, sliver at night), mizzen and a second reef in the main. That part primarily because we blew out the first reef points on the main today. More sewing for me...I have already started running around with the spool of whipping thread in my smock. Really.

Off to bed forme after a watch under starry skies and warmer breezes!

No comments:

Post a Comment