15.6.10

Day 15 - It's a Bird, It's a Plane...Wait

It's planes...plural! We have passed under the departure corridor for the Honolulu airport! It happened on my watch last night. Poseidon was asleep, so missed the excitement of a row of anti-collision lights piercing the night sky heading back to the mainland. Maybe we'll let him out after dark once we are in sight of land to see the stars. I bought a star book for less than $5 on Border's clearance. Last night, I was finally able to locate a few constellations and looked at some binary stars through binoculars. It made me wish Poseidon was a little older and could share in the spectacle...but I don't want to miss any of the days as he grows up either. Ahhh the need for patience.

This is going to be short as I am hitting the end of the HF window. And, oddly enough, there is no repeater for Hawaii. We are sending all emails back through Petaluma to San Diego. Some go through Washington (the state) and I hit Chirichi once...wherever that is.

We should be in sight of land in a couple of days. We just made a turn that shoots us past the south tip of Oahu if the wind holds without having to tack anymore. That is what has slowed us down a bit the past few days. But, I will say it is worth the bliss of sailing vice motoring with the diesel.

Posit: 23 19.523N 15 02.657W

No comments:

Post a Comment