4.6.10

Day 5 - (Part 3 of 3) The God of the Sea

I didn't realize how adequately this blog name would describe my dashing little man. However, he is just as at home out here as if he were pier-side. Maybe even more so...

From hanging out in the cockpit teething on the bitter ends of line to attempting to walk through the main cabin, he appears blissfully unaware that most people would consider the transition from land hard and possibly even dangerous. The icing on the cake is the fact that not all crew members are ok inside for extended periods of time. More proof that children will adapt to anything. I know he has fewer bumps than I do, and I like to think I have good balance.

He giggles, waves and claps...and not always as the correct response. It is nice to have his curiosity and inquisitive nature around. We are forced to keep everything clean. The biggest problem has been convincing him (still not there yet) that he can't help "Mama" cook dinner. Someone inevitable has to hold him while he screams for a bit (until he forgets what he was doing) so that he does not invade the kitchen. Think boiling liquids on a moving stove. So, a small price to pay in keeping him out.

If you let him go outside, he will crawl up down and around the lazarettes, is interested in the wheel...and argues with Sinbad. Sinbad is the SIMRAD auto-pilot. I refuse to let something drive without a name. That way I know who to blame! :) Poseidon wants the wheel, Sinbad won't give in. Unfortunately, I can't just sit and watch as the auto-pilot would break or kiddo would get a hand hurt. But, that first instant before you catch him when he thinks he is driving is priceless.

Tomorrow is my one year anniversary...what do I get from my hubby?? :)

Posit: 26 36.415N 126 37.27W

No comments:

Post a Comment