11.6.10

Day 12 - Chinese Ant Torture

This is the lesser known cousin to Chinese water torture. It begins when Poseidon's aunt and cousin start singing "The ants go marching..." to Poseidon. It still hasn't ended. They are marching in 2s, 4s, 5s, and every other number through my head. I was stitching the sail and became so tired of them that some not so nice things were happening to the little ant in the rhymes I was creating in my head. If you have absolutely no clue what I am talking about, just Google the kids song. But, don't say I didn't warn you.

Poseidon loves this song now. He will put his arms in the air at "Hoorah!" and try to clap. While him giggling is cute, I may lose my sanity. Those who know me may not think I have much left to lose. This experience has taught me that there is still a little left. I made the ultimate mistake of having my niece and sister-in-law teach the song. I know, you are now saying, "What were you thinking?!" Well, at the time I was thinking that when aunt and cousin left, Poseidon was going to magically learn the word "ant" and request the "ant" from me. Not knowing it myself, I would have been on the phone to Virginia begging my sister-in-law to sing it over the phone so I could learn it and stop the crying of a little man. That is what motivated me. Now, I wonder if he had just cried a couple of times, would he have forgotten it?

The water is great, the skies are clear and the air is not quite oppressively hot.

I love this trip.

Next time, burns and how not to get them :)

Posit: 23 19.04N 145.06.887W

No comments:

Post a Comment