28.6.13

Day 5 - Watch (Part 3 of 3)

I have the pictures: sunset, sunrise and everything in between. All I can say is, "Wow!" I love my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 phone. Now I just have to try to not lose it overboard like the first one. I tweeted not too long ago that have two would be fun. I meant in parallel, not in series. The first one is doing me no good sitting at the bottom of the Ko Olina Marina.

We had a turnover that there had been various contacts all night (fishing boats), and needed to keep our eyes peeled. We saw nothing. That is nothing but water, intermittent clouds and stars, and the waning moon. We chased some light winds, found some stern winds and ran a bit downwind. Relative winds were still on the beam, so no wing and wing sailing, but still exciting. I was pulling the preventer out at 3am or so. Then, right after taking my sunrise pictures we started getting 12kts on a port tack reaching to close hauled. I readjusted the lines over my snoring watchmate and removed the preventer. We left watch heading directly where the Nav Computer says we should be making 5-6kts. This is the life. Come on out!

Position at Writing: 29.21.021N 157.14.844W @1105 27.6.13

No comments:

Post a Comment