25.6.13

Day 2 - Calming Down (Sunday)

The swells calmed down, Poseidon and Laralei finished re-tasting their food, and I think the boat is clean again...for now.

We have all become a healthy brown shade, though some of the crew constantly worry about whether they will get too pink. Apparently, they do not find it humorous when I tell them they can go inside to get out of the sun at any time. :) The blankets in the cockpit are used more for face covers while napping right now. Laundry is strung up drying and I managed to finish off Winston Churchill a life by John Keegan in under 24 hours. It is a very good book. I am normally not a fan of autobiographies, as few cover a life without an agenda. But, other than a few mentions of how he was consistent in thought, it was just a good book with a deep yet quick reading historical review. Ok, so guessing you are not reading this for book reviews. The kiddos and I played with some legos and read some books inside for a few hours.

Laralei and Poseidon have found their favorite spot. They each hang onto a winch on the upwind side and watch the waves. Occasionally, they try to lean over, so it requires vigilant attention. Poseidon wants larger waves. Laralei just wants more water. I am not sure that she is correctly applying "more" in this case, but if you ask her questions, she will explain what more means. So, apparently we need to find a bigger body of water than the Pacific. If anyone knows of a shuttle to Europa, she may be ready in a few years. She is already trouble. Poseidon magically regained his sea legs the first day. Sick or not, he was a regular deck monkey. I had hoped that her size would keep her low for a while. No. She must do everything that Poseidon does. She can pull herself up on the upwind side, not just downwind, and balance until she gets to the edge of the cockpit to look at the water. No rest for the parents. But, so proud of her too. While Poseidon's love of legos may land him in engineering, there is no hope for Laralei to be less of a daredevil than me. For those of you who know me, yes, I believe she may be even worse. :) Yes, it is somehow possible.

I think I will wrap it there as it was a nice easy day of recouping. Regular Sunday routine of crepes for breakfast, forgoing the champagne as I didn't want to waste a bottle, and no one else was interested. Lunch was quesadillas. We ended with hotdogs, crackers and pickles to celebrate Scotty's birthday. He chose to save the steaks for a day next week when he is sure he can keep them down. Happy Birthday to our crewmate and to LaJune! I think Grandma is wishing she were with you instead right now. lol

Position at writing: N25.39.431 W158.56.002 @1321 24.6.13

P.S. Did I mention that I would not let the hubby get rid of the boogie boards? Just wait. He gave me a GoPro for Christmas. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment