28.6.13

Day 5 - Cooking in the Galley (Part 2 of 3)

I spent most of the day watching Poseidon and Laralei from the galley. I was making dough in the breadmaker, pie crust on the counter, and started Coeur. Couer is our sour dough starter. She is quite active. In under two hours, she more than double in size and threatened to take over my counter. That means she is going to be yummy for pancakes. And, maybe even some sourdough bread. Why Coeur? Well, apparently, everything ends up having a name in this family. And, the boat is Heartstings. I will let you make the leap from there.

The mini pizzas were a hit with frozen fruit at lunch. As were the applesauce pouches at snack time. But, the coup de gras were the bacon wrapped sirloins with creamed corn from a can and THRIVE mashed garlic potatoes. We finally celebrated Scotty's birthday. Complete with the pumpkin pie chaser. And, it was a good pie, not my best, but the crust may have been. I adjusted my recipe a bit as it had been lacking in depth. Now, my crust recipe is perfect. I think tomorrow night will be THRIVE raspberry cobbler. mmmm

It was nice hanging out with the kiddos, taking the occasional lego and/or read a book break with the kiddos as I watched them play.

To the watch...

Position at Writing: 29.20.659N 157.15.352W @1058 27.6.13

No comments:

Post a Comment