13.7.13

Day 22 - READING!

Poseidon read a book. It was a signing Time one, so he is very familiar with the words...I am an instructor and Laralei watches them endlessly if you let her. We dance around and sing the songs. Anyhow, it is simple sentences, but he did it. All by himself. :) He also started adding and subtracting thanks to some good games on his tablet. Though, now he steals Laralei's tablet and her coloring program and she takes his math program. She is either lucky, learning, or about 70% accurate...or some combination of all.

We saw another merchant heading who knows where the night before. Either we are too boring or they are too asleep to talk to us. And, we have seen three Transpac boats. They were all still pretty close to each other, so too close to call...only two days out anyway. But, best of luck to Pipe Dreams who was kind enough to meet us on Channel 10 so that we could ask why all the boats. For some reason, I have Transpac down as a fall thing. That would be the Newport to Ensenada. Oh well, I can't always be right no matter how much I hope to.

I am getting the laundry prepped...linens are going in bags to go to the coin machines at the marina after I kick everyone off. Hopefully, I will only have to do one round of loads with enough washers. I think I have about 5 loads of our clothes so that will be a two day process non-stop in the Splendide. But, I can handle that. It's seen worse. Ah, to a clean boat in 72 hours.

That is it for today. Oh, and we are under 300nm!! I am writing this one on the day, instead of the next as: a. Poseidon READ! :) and b. This will probably be our last HF out before we are pierside. I will keep writing them, but they may be posted the usual way, via internet. Yes, that thing that we have been without for so long.

Position at Writing: 31.56.612N 123.01.967W @1745 13.7.13

No comments:

Post a Comment