9.7.13

Day 16 - Almost Swimming

I am working my way into my full body race suit. It may actually still fit. It is a 32, which in racing suits, is tiny. Fine for normal suits, not for full body. Anyhow, right as I am almost in it, and getting ready to pull my wetsuit on to dive on the boat, I get cancelled. It's like those flights when you know whomever is on the ready standby will actually get to do something cool.

We were getting ready to start the engine about twenty minutes prior. Luckily, the hubby noticed something of the stern. It was a large length of barnacled webbing, right by the prop. While he tried to get everything ready for me to dive, I got to go suit up. He said he was going in. I said I was the better swimmer. Besides knowing my crazy nature, he must have seen the glint in my eyes for adventure. He agreed. YAY. In trying to luff up by backing the jib (turning so that the wind is pushing the jib the wrong way so you almost stop in the water), he turned enough that it broke lose and floated off. ~sigh~ My day of glory was ruined. Now, to charge the GoPro and find those body boards...

We have hit the 20kt winds, and are heading fast in the right direction. Finally. We spent a day zigzagging like only a sailboat can. But, we were justly rewarded with the Northerlies we had been expecting.

Oh, and Fabian still lives. Though when we saw him on watch, he was small enough around to fit through the holes in the cockpit wood. Guess I have to take him a Babybel tonight. Maybe even a cracker. Poor little thing. Murphy still lives too, and the cabbage experiment still looks on track for Christmas.

Poseidon and Laralei are their usual rambunctious selves. Although, I could swear they are a foot taller each than when we started. And, Laralei's cheeks are getting a bit soft. Growing time AGAIN!

Time to go check the sail. On the home stretch, or so it would seem.

Position at Writing: 31.31.924N 136.15.731W @1753 8.7.13 heading 075 at 5-7kts. (double reefed and a few rolls on the jib)

No comments:

Post a Comment