29.5.10

Day 0 - Delay

When you finish stores on-load at Midnight, and there is still a mess on the boat when you wake up, you just add a day in port.  I am so glad we did as I am getting ready to head to bed for a full night's sleep with a bellyful of lasagna.  It was supposed to be the first underway dinner, but we had to eat it early as there was no room in the freezer for it.  It thawed in the oven overnight.  The boat magically (ok, well thanks to the hard work of my mother who is in town just to help and the rest of our sailing crew) looks as if we didn't change a thing from last week.  Inside and outside of the boat are beautiful.  In fact, there are parts of the boat that I haven't seen in a while.  That being said, our waterline has disappeared.

Also, remember that post about Poseidon not being able to get out of the boat anytime soon?  Well, today he was climbing the ladder (with me behind him) and made it to the cockpit.  For 10 months old, I will consider that quite an accomplishment...and start pulling out my hair.  His car seat is on board in case the seas get too rough, but we are not sure where it is going to reside.  His jumper had to come down from the mizzen mast halyard as well, and, unlike our one day to week-long ventures, I'm debating on putting it back up somewhere while underway.

Heading off to watch a movie with the family.  Will write a note once we cast off the lines...

No comments:

Post a Comment